Tuesday 29 January 2013

So, today we went to the oncologist....

And he didn't really have much new to say, but at least I did manage to winkle out of him the chemo protocol I will be having after the operation. Xelox, which is pretty good because I only need to get to the hospital once every three weeks, the rest is pills. Xelox is short for Xeloda and Oxyplatin. Oxyplatin is a bit nasty, but I will get it just once every three weeks, so I guess a few days down time every cycle is all really. I am still not going to go bald, according to him! No-one would believe I have cancer, really, I mean look at all this hair!
Sorry it's a bit blurry, it's hard holding the computer still up in the air.

  I will have eight cycles, so six months, and then a month or so rest, then reversal of the ileostomy.
I am getting a bit ahead of myself, probably because I would like to be able really to get it all over with. I do feel better knowing what is coming along. On the other hand, I now have a date for a PET-CT, ( 10th of February) which is really definitive for metastases in the pelvis, so I can start worrying about that now. Good, that gives me something to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment